CAAF has posted the audio of today’s oral argument in United States v. Neal, No. 09-5004/NA, here.

8 Responses to “The Neal audio is already up on the Web”

1. Comrade Cossio says:

Appellate counsel makes a lot of references to autonomy, there is some sort of Freudian issue there….

They didn’t seem to buy the Threshold argument, or the 908, constitutional issue, or the jurisdictional issue.

Ryan seemed to drill the force were there was evidence of consent issue

A little off-topic but does anyone else hear any weird noises besides the MIC – Mishap?

I had my speakers up and on minute 22:40 and on you can hear a weird heavy breathing similar to Darth Vader.

2. Comrade Cossio says:

* anatomy, not autonomy.

3. Late Bloomer says:

The heavy breathing would be Judge Stuckey. I thought Judge Baker was going to have to get a defibrilator.

4. Late Bloomer says:

IMHO, the turning point was when Judge Ryan zeroed in on the last sentence of (t)(16) when App Govt said it is a legal nullity.

5. Cossio (I'm Ron Burgundy?) says:

Thanks Late Bloomer,

I didn’t know Judging can be so laborous !!! I agree, and foresee that the Appellant will prevail on at least one of the issues.

7. Comrade Cossio says:

Oops, I was using my work terminal, I’m Comrade Cossio for now on :)

8. Comrade Cossio says:

“The word anatomy was never used in the argument. Weren’t you banned from this blog anyway?”

Huh ? Wow. 7-8 years in College and you can’t comprehend what I said:

I was discussing a reference, which if you listened to the first 2 minutes he is talking about “skeletal” and “meat on the bones” or something like that, I’m at work but the point is I said he made “references to….”