According to this AP account, Judge Allred sentenced Sgt Nelson to confinement for 150 days and reduction to lance corporal.  But Sgt Nelson’s PTA protected him from confinement.

13 Responses to “Sgt Nelson reportedly sentenced to 150 days’ confinement and reduction to E-3”

1. commentary says:

“I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just, that His justice cannot sleep forever.” — Thomas Jefferson

2. Comrade Cossio says:

This man’s crime was being at the wrong place at the wrong time. Consider the situation before you are so willing to throw him under the bus and declare that justice is asleep.

3. Late Bloomer says:

Um, not so sure I would quote TJ when it comes to “justice” during a time of conflict (see French Revolution).

Why would you give someone 150 days of confinement and not bust him to E-1?

TJ is over my head. Anyone able to translate?

6. Late Bloomer says:

TJ = Thomas Jefferson, who advocated the chaotic and rebellious spilling of blood in France as a legitimate and just means of overthrowing an oppressive regime. Although a man of many great ideals and accomplishments, he also engaged on a number of questionable undertakings (from a legal/ethical standpoint).

7. What? says:

What the heck are you talking about? Nuts, nuts nuts!

8. Comrade Cossio says:

“Why would you give someone 150 days of confinement and not bust him to E-1?”

Huh? tHIS MAY SUPRISE SOME OF YOU, BUT THERE IS SUCH A THING CALLED REHABILITATION Damn it, had the caps lock on again.

The judge obviously thinks this guy can still be a Marine.

9. Comrade Cossio says:

Other observation, there seems to be many Anons that have a problem being able to read and comprehend. This would imply that a) They are doped up on drugs b) Not lawyers, but trolls that don’t know anything and/or c) Army JAG officers

10. LTC Slade says:

While I do not propose banning any poster in particular, I think the blog should institute some across-the-board rules for posting privileges. For starters, a good rule would be no posting by convicted felons.

11. Mike "No Man" Navarre says:

LTC:

I am not here to defend Cossio. In fact, I’d say his last comment was not the type of name calling we’d prefer here (I am referring to parts (a) and (b)). As far as the rest though, I think many of us, because we know that Cossio is not a service JA (rather he sat one chair to the right of a service JA), tend to ascribe an out of boundedness to comments like his last comment. But, there is a fair amount of inter-service rivalry that is expressed in our comments. So lets just hope that his other recent comments on other threads are a better indication of his current mindset and that he can set up his jokes in the future without resorting to similar tactics.

12. LTC Slade says:

Cossio,

My good man, I have no idea what you’re talking about. But, I am confused…you’ve been convicted by a court-martial but you’re not a felon? Were your offenses misdemeanors, then?

13. Comrade Cossio says:

???

There are no “misdemeanors” or “felonies” it depends on the State and how the offense is coded. Some states its how much you could have faced.

I know for a fact that when a Background check is conducted it comes out squeaky clean (at least in State).

When I applied for my Fire Arms card the Illinois State Police asked the FBI if I can carry a gun. They said yes.

Also understand that the State needs to be sent this information, I did a Florida check with no background also. Only the FBI has my “convictions”