Somehow I missed this earlier this month:  Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin has advocated dropping charges against the three charged Navy SEALs, one of whom (SO1 Huertas) is from Alaska.  See here.

12 Responses to “Sarah Palin backs charged SEALs”

I can see criminal justice from house.

Also.

2. Phil Cave says:

And the seals are clapping, arf arf arf. Where’s my fish, where’s my fish, gimme a fish.

3. Mike "No Man" Navarre says:

Remeber that Palin was the CINC of the Alaska National Guard, America’s 16th line of defense, between the Navy Reserve and the American League of Women Voters

4. JimmyMac says:

Who quit because the job was too hard….

5. Mike "No Man" Navarre says:

JimmyMac: I actually wasn’t taking issue with her service. She in fact was the CINC of the Alaska National Guard. The rest is an apparently not well remembered quote from a Simpson’s episode.

6. John McCain says:

If I’m Huertas, or the other seals, I don’t think I want the “you betcha” lady in my corner.

7. Anon says:

That should have said, I can see criminal justice from MY house.

Sheesh…I shoulda written it on my palm first.

How come you can make fun of former Governors on this blog, but if you say anything negative about a CAAF judge, your comment gets immediately deleted. So much for selective free speech.

9. Mike "No Man" Navarre says:

Anon: I don’t see any of this as personal attacks so we haven’t deleted any of it. Please feel free to add more speech as a remedy for anything you feel unjustified.

10. Phil Cave says:

Who is that saying they have the effrontary to delete comments on this blog?

When is it okay to break the law? Never, especially if you’re in the armed forces. It doesn’t matter if we might privately empathize. Rules are rules and the law is the law.

12. Steve Dallas says:

Homer was joining the Navy Reserve which was line of defense between the Mississippi National guard and League of Women Voters. If I recall correctly the big draw for Homer was the ad that indicated that the majority if the time they would be cleaning bird droppings from statues while being drunk off their ass.