Here is a link to LTC Lakin’s argument in the Washnigton Examiner explaining his choice to refuse deployment orders until the POTUS releases “his original birth certificate.” Here is an excerpt:

I hope that President Obama will demonstrate his respect for the U.S. Constitution and release his original birth certificate. My bags are packed, and I look forward to joining my fellow soldiers in Afghanistan, but I will deploy only with the knowledge that I am following legal orders under a lawful Commander-in-Chief.

(I must admit I am glad I am not the POTUS as I don’t think I could produce mine.)

Update: Wing Nut Daily has these updates on LTC Larkin’s penned position statements, here and here.

17 Responses to “Birther LTC Pens His Argument [Updated]”

I, too, must admit that I’m glad you’re not the President.

You can get an official copy of your birth certificate from the department of vital statistics (or equivalent) in whatever state you were born in.

So you can still be President some day. (And then you can issue an order aligning the RCMs with Ring and Apprendi.)

3. Mike "No Man" Navarre says:

JO’C, are you posting annaymously? Althought I am sure that is a widely held opinion so I really need not ask your identity.

4. Mike "No Man" Navarre says:

The thing I get, that is a copy of a microfiche document, says certificate of live birth. And yes, that RCM issue would be a first 100 days thing.

5. John O'Connor says:

Just one more reason that I am glad you are not President. And it looks like I have a fellow traveler above.

6. Anon says:

problem is, Hawaii’s official copy is the short form. They don’t give out generally the long form and as we have learned, only the long form is valid, the short form, as determined by the Founders, is invalid to prove you can be president.

I believe it was Wiiliam Henry Harrison who said, “clearly, short form birth certificates aren’t enough, make Martin Van Buren produce his long form certificate!”

Why doesn’t he resign his commission? I guess his principles aren’t worth his pay check.

8. Socrates says:

Anonymous,

You are right. The same logic that supports the President’s “authority” to deploy LTC Lakin supports the President’s “authority” to PAY him. Ultimately, its the same logic train. LTC Lakin should, in good conscience, return his paychecks to the federal treasury.

That would be a ridiculous solution. The prudent course of action is to find an order that predates 20 Jan 2009 and follow it.

10. Late Bloomer says:

The LTC’s letter reminds me of a famous ballad:

“All my bags are packed, I’m ready to go,
    I’m standin’ here at the Oval Office door,
    I don’t belive you’ve proved your birth in Hawaii.
    But the dawn is breakin’ it’s early morn,
    My plane’s waitin, but I’m forlorn,
    Your presidency is all one great big lie.

So please do this thing for me,
    Prove to me your legitimacy,
    Show me and I promise that I’ll go.
    Or else I ain’t leavin’ on that jet plane,
    I’m not scared b’cause Ms. Taitz has my back,
    Oh I hate to say “I told you so.”

The constant refrain that it is the duty of all officers to challenge unlawful orders makes me wonder how close to sedition (Article 94) this guy really wants to take this. Is he encouraging other officers to disobey their orders on the same basis? I would want to ask him that question.

12. Anon says:

Sedition? Why Sir, is it sedition to encourage the showing of the long form instead of the short form birth certificate as is clearly spelled out…somewhere…in the Constitution by the Founders(TM)?

I personally just refused to go to the bathroom because it is a DOD bathroom and I cannot be sure that I am authorized to use that bathroom until I know that the President is truly not just naturally born but natively born in the United States and not an alien from space born in Nigeria to Indonesian and V-alien parents.

Basically, what I am saying is I want the President to prove he does not eat mice off-camera before I use the government bathrooms.

13. RY says:

That would make for a good sentencing argument if you wanted to ask for the moon.

14. RY says:

Like some others, I don’t know that I could produce a long form. The responsible office in the county I was born had a fire years back and all I have are certified short form copies. Guess maybe I should give up my dream of presidency, eh? Oops, I shouldn’t use “eh?” or I might be mistaken for our nothern brethren, eh?

What county in Kenya was that, COMRADE?!

I didn’t know you guys were this funny.

17. Phil Cave says:

Well, all this does is prove that Sir Cloudsley can’t be President, even if he were alive.