Paul Rolf Jensen is a Duke Law graduate.  According to his web site, here, “[i]n 1990, Jensen worked in the chambers of the Chief Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces as a judicial research assistant to Chief Judge Robinson O. Everett.”  His new web site promoting his status as “Lead Counsel for LTC Lakin” also trumpets his CMA connection.

9 Responses to “LTC Lakin’s attorney apparently worked at CMA”

1. Charles Gittins says:

The pictures on his site were taken in the library of the Army Navy Club downtown.

2. DC Steve says:

So, first thing I noticed about the attorney’s website was the new address in DC. When I Google mapped it, to some surprise, I found that it was even in a tony section of Georgetown. Was LTC Lakin’s attorney moving to DC? Was the defense fund so successful that they could afford Georegetown office space?

But, only when I Googled the address, and came up with numerous business at the same address, in the same Suite, did I clue in. A company called DC Business Space, offers a “virtual” office with a “prestigious” address, and, should you ever need it, actual office space, even on a hourly basis.

I would make a joke about other professions who need to rent rooms by the hour, but I should direct my ire at LTC Lakin, not his attorney.

3. veritas says:

The new website says law clerk to Judge Everett. Can someone confirm or deny? IFIRC the previous website said judicial research assistant or something.

4. LTC Lipschitz says:

LOL. A bunch of defense attorneys (who have defended to their fullest some RIDICULOUS cases) condemning a defense attorney for taking a ridiculous case. I get a good laugh from you folks a lot, but this is particularly LOL.

5. Christopher Mathews says:

The problem is not so much that the defense counsel here are taking a ridiculous case — everyone recognizes that as a defense counsel, you sometimes are saddled with bad facts and law that is not on your side and simply have to make do.

It’s that they seem bent on creating a bad case, by giving LTC Lakin advice that will lead to his trial by a general court-martial.

6. LTC Lipschitz says:

So the attorney is to blame? I thought the good doctor’s birther train had a good head of steam long before this lawyer got involved…

Yes, because I suspect the attorney, who appears to be part of “the movement” is helping to drive this train by giving bad advice.

Any competent attorney would be advising LTC Lakin to stop what he is doing. This guy is apparently not doing so and in fact is encouraging it. That to me is very bad advice and so in this situation, yes I blame the attorney.

This is different from a military counsel assigned to the case.

8. Christopher Mathews says:

LTC @ 0634: The client may be commited to self-immolation, but the lawyer does not have to offer him a light.

If you think a lawyer should be immune from criticism, I think you’ll find a lot on this blog that disappoints you.

9. Jim Richardson says:

As many of you know, I was on the CLS at CAAF at that time. Mr. Jensen was a summer intern in ChJ Everett’s chambers during about 1990. He had started law school in California and then transferred to Duke. However, if memory serves me correctly (I am aged now) he did not accumulate enough resident hours to graduate from Duke, but did graduate from a law school in California.