A roundup of interesting tidbits from this AM:
- Continued interest here (TPM) in LTC Lakin’s attorney in his quest to be court-martialed and finally get a copy of Pres. Obama’s “birth certificate.”
- Canadian battelfield murder or mercy killing court-martial still on-going, see CTV coverage here. Video of the alleged victim shown during trial.
- RCM 706 panel finds Spec. Velez competent to stand trial in alleged murder of contractor in Iraq, Honolulu Star coverage here. According to the Star, the same panel also found that Velez “had suffered ‘a short psychotic episode’ when the shooting occurred in a Ford SUV.”
- Army Times story, here, about the husband and father of the victims in the MSgt Hennis court-martial.
- Last, but certainly not least, is a WingNutDaily piece, here, attacking the FoxNews piece we covered here and the military justice folks quoted in the article as saying LTC Lakin has no hope of getting Pres. Obama’s birth certificate in court-martial discovery.