The Tacoma News-Tribune reports here that Spc. Ivette Davila received LWOP from military judge COL Stephen Henley after pleading guilty to the premeditated murder of two soldiers in her unit. Testimony from the hearing included in the article shows this was just a sad case all the way around.

7 Responses to “Lewis-McChord Specialist Gets LWOP for Double Murder”

1. Anon says:

Stand-by for IAC claims for defense counsel’s failure to demand POTUS’ birth certificate!

2. Anonymous Air Force Appellate Defense Lawyer says:

you need to quiet down with that nonsense. I have clients who read this blog and you will give them ideas.

But what would be the harm of tacking on a summary assignment to every case, just to be safe.

That story is so disjointed it’s difficult to follow the supposed motive. Sounds like typical bs to avoid the DP. She does not even mention the supposed motive at all in her unsworn statement.

You realize she already avoided the DP by getting a non-capital referral. Hence the Guilty Plea and sentencing by MJ alone. And her “typical bs” didn’t really serve her well, since she got the jurisdictional maximum. Thanks for playing though.

6. soonergrunt says:

I think I read somewhere that the motive was to kidnap the victims’ baby and claim it as her own so as to get her former boyfriend to return to her and marry her.
    Since there was no issue of an insanity defense or other such, I have to wonder what happens if the staff at the prison determines that she is in fact crazier than a shit-house rat? Do they just shrug their shoulders, or do they have facilities to care for the mentally ill, and what might that mean for her sentence?

7. Bill says:

I read this before my first caffeine of the day and misinterpreted LWOP as “leave without pay.”