“safeguardourconstitution.com” was the official Lakinista website.  It’s gone.  Go to that link now, and you are transferred to the American Patriot Foundation’s homepage.

And paulrolfjensen.com was a website tied to Mr. Jensen’s representation of LTC Lakin.  In fact, it included what appeared to be pictures of Mr. Jensen assisting LTC Lakin in making his YouTube video announcing his intention to disobey all orders.  That link now takes one to the Jensen & Associates APC homepage.

“Reality Check” also observes in a comment on Doctor Conspiracy’s site that the APF now refers to its representation of LTC Lakin in the past tense:  “APF defended LTC Terry Lakin. Lt. Lakin refused to deploy until Barak Obama proves is ellgibility to be president.”

While the court-martial case against LTC Lakin will continue, it looks like the bigtop has dropped for the Lakin-Jensen circus.

25 Responses to “More evidence that Paul Rolf Jensen has been unhorsed from the Lakin case”

1. Sterngard Friegen says:

Typical birfer stuff. They try to re-write history, ignore their own conduct and reach for the magic ticket. They don’t like the current President, so they call him names and pray that it’s all a dream and that they will wake up tomorrow.

That’s not going to happen with LTCOL Lakin. He’s going down. If Dogbite Jensen didn’t properly advise him, well he’s going to be on the wrong end of a malpractice case.

Typical of birfers.

2. Loren says:

I suggest also keeping an eye on the American Patriot Foundation’s YouTube page:

Eight Lakin-related videos are still there, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they got pulled soon.

3. Phil Cave says:

I have linked to the cache copies which should stay available. Unfortunately waybackmachine.com hasn’t saved the URL’s.

4. sg says:

Well, that was faster than I thought. Maybe LTC Lakin wasn’t completely off-his-rocker committed as many of us thought.
    I predict the Birfers will start throwing him under the bus in 3…2…1…
    Special bonus points to the first group of birfers that claims this whole court-martial thing is a set-up and that Lakin is really an Obot who just volunteered to embarrass them.

5. Rob A says:

Would he be able to change his plea to guilty and beg for mercy? If so, would he be shown mercy?

6. Christopher Mathews says:

Yes, and probably.

LTC Lakin has, as far as I know, been fairly circumspect in his deportment toward his superiors, despite the rather less than rational content of his comments. Unless the prosecution team can present evidence that he was motivated by malice or cowardice, they’ll have to make do with arguing he acted from a combination of arrogance and stupidity.

A plausible damage-control strategy for the doctor would be to blame his (apparently) former legal team for leading him astray with appeals to his patriotism and sense of duty, and to acknowledge that they were simply using him for their own political gain. This approach would likely ring true with the trier of fact because it probably is, in fact, true.

7. SueDB says:

I don’t see why he shouldn’t be able to change the plea (it is done all the time), but I don’t think it would make any difference as he has already provided the prosecution with all the evidence they need to convict him. His attorney filed paperwork where Lakin admitted to the “crimes”. This is a huge hole in which to work.

I wonder how this is going to play out with the new defense team? IMHO It is going to be near impossible to fix the damage already done. With admissions of guilt in print and video, the new team doesn’t have much to work with…yet. If anyone pulls an “October Surprise”, it would be his new team trying to pull victory from the huge, cavernous, giant jaws of a CM conviction.

Why would anyone cut him a “deal”? His conviction is pretty much a foregone conclusion unless someone on the Government side SNAFUed the paperwork.

He abandoned the troops in the field as a doctor. I don’t know anyone who would want to work within 5 miles of him. He has lost both his honor and integrity.

8. John O'Connor says:

Tend to agree with SueDB. If Lakin changed his plea to guilty he probably would have to do it without a deal, so the objective would be mercy designed to try to avoid (or limit) confinement. Members are always unpredictable, but a dismissal seems a foregone conclusion. SueDB touches on some of the themes (a doctor deserting troops in a war zone) that would make it fairly hard not to award a dismissal.

9. Christopher Mathews says:

“Mercy” is a relative term.

I agree with Sue and John that Lakin has any way you slice it left himself in a bad spot. Even so, a guilty plea and a posture of sincere contrition would probably help him limit the damage on sentence.

10. Rob A says:

Thanks for the replies. From a layman’s point of view, it would seem that pleading guilty, thereby saving the government a little money and time, combined with groveling and begging would be Lakin’s best course of action. Am I wrong?

11. Phil Cave says:

Rob, the legal term is Falling on One’s Sword.

12. Rob A says:

“Mercy” is a relative term.I agree with Sue and John that Lakin has any way you slice it left himself in a bad spot.Even so, a guilty plea and a posture of sincere contrition would probably help him limit the damage on sentence.

You were typing the answer as I was typing my question. Thanks

13. Greg says:

Would he be able to change his plea to guilty and beg for mercy?

As far as I know, Lakin has yet to enter a plea.

14. Anon says:

Since all of us seem to bet that Lakin will get a dismissal, what do you think as to confinement time? If he pleads guilty he can fall back on acceptance of responsibility, saving the Govt time/resources and his past record, the usual defense trifecta. GCM aside, I don’t see GCM level confinement in his future. And what will the Govt ask for? I know what I would ask for but I am just a humble TC.

15. Rob A says:

This is seen as a brilliant tactical move and a sure sign of victory for Lakin over at freerepublic.com.

16. Capt. Obvious says:

“If anyone pulls an “October Surprise”, it would be his new team trying to pull victory from the huge, cavernous, giant jaws of a CM conviction.”

Or as the former President said, “And so, General, I want to thank you for your service. And I appreciate the fact that you really snatched defeat out of the jaws of those who are trying to defeat us in Iraq.” –George W. Bush, to Army Gen. Ray Odierno, Washington, D.C., March 3, 2008

17. John O'Connor says:

If it’s members, I would ask for a whole lotta confinement, because you just might get it.

The send a message argument probably resonates in this case.

18. John Harwood says:

Three words: mistake of fact. When LTC Lakin testifies, it’ll sound something like this, “My attorney told me I didn’t have to deploy. He swore to me the orders were invalid because Barak Obama wasn’t lawfully the president. I’m not averse to deployment in general – I deployed to Afghanistan already a few years ago. Had I not received such bad legal advice, I would have deployed, no questions asked.”

I’m not saying it’s a winning strategy, but now that there’s been a change of counsel, it’s on the table.

19. Norbrook says:

Well, we were told up front that there was going to be a big surprise which would shock us all! Guess the birther was right… although, a nagging little voice tells me this wasn’t the surprise they were hinting at.

20. sg says:

He doesn’t really have much else, does he?

21. Michael K says:

Hypothetical Questions for the government in the event LTC Lakin wants to plead guilty and/or deploy: Do you need a qualified doc to deploy to Afghanistan? If a doc with an otherwise good reputation asked to deploy, would you be inclined to let him? If you don’t let him deploy, are you okay with the consequences of having one less doc in the field?

22. SueDB says:

Hypothetical Questions for the government in the event LTC Lakin wants to plead guilty and/or deploy: Do you need a qualified doc to deploy to Afghanistan?If a doc with an otherwise good reputation asked to deploy, would you be inclined to let him?If you don’t let him deploy, are you okay with the consequences of having one less doc in the field?

As a leader of folks, I can’t trust him to be where I want him on a battlefield. That makes him worse than the enemy. At least you know what to expect from trained professionals. My life and the lives of all my folks are in his hands. He has already shown how dependable he has been in the clutch. You know, when your country needs you in A-Stan and you aren’t there.

Personally and professionally I have no use for him what so ever. All it takes is one clown in the field to make bad stuff happen.

I can’t depend on him, nor should I ask any other soldier to depend on him. He let us down in a life and death situation, he doesn’t get a second chance.

23. Christopher Mathews says:

Sue has a point. LTC Lakin has demonstrated that he is willing to sacrifice the welfare of his fellow soldiers to further his own agenda.

Not exactly the guy you’d want serving alongside you, in theatre or even back home.

24. sg says:

@Michael K 0309,

All it takes is one clown in the field to make bad stuff happen.

That’s the straight truth, and the best reason to not take him on a deployment at this time. The combat zone is no place to work out one’s issues.
    The Army has a place where they can send LTC Lakin to his penance and rehabilitation. It’s called the United States Disciplinary Barracks at Fort Leavenworth.
    As far as having one less doc in the field–that’s not a major problem in every day operations, because there are lots of doctors in the Army. A whole bunch of them are at Walter Reed AMC where Lakin is assigned. The source of anger at him is primarily that HE was selected and chose not to go, necessitating someone else to have to go out of turn. If they were to sentence him to say, six months confinement, without dismissal and he were to deploy after that, I’d be cool with that on some level, but, and this is a huge BUT:T
    The other issue is that this isn’t just about Terry Lakin. This is about EVERY Soldier, particularly the Commissioned Officers, left, right, and center, who may consider substituting their judgment for that of the American People and their elected leaders. WE DON’T GET TO DO THAT. Lakin’s actions have been a direct attack on the President’s right to do the job he was elected to do. This absolutely must be punished. I support, as a moral proposition, mitigating that punishment as possible, because mercy is a quality of a just sovereign, but punishment is still appropriate.

Also on a personal note, my Poly Sci degree from OU is just a little shinier today after we BEAT TEXAS!

25. SueDB says:

Amen Brother Matthews

It is real hard to describe how angry I am with this. The AMEDD worked real hard to “join the Army” in the 80’s. The days of “MASH” passed with the last of the Vietnam War legacies. This man is a serious embarrassment to the Army Medical Department. It is too bad that he didn’t have enough close buddies to talk him out of this crap. It indicates based on my experience an out of control inflated ego (especially in proportion to his actual worth) that people see in some doctors who think their sh*t doesn’t stink.

Lakin??? Heck we’ll just order up another doctor – Doctors aren’t that rare, and he’s not that special.

Then there is the mental issue as in:

What is wrong with someone who after 18 years pisses it all away on some clearly far fetched crusade (to most folks)? Mental issue??? Naaahh…It happens I guess when a highly educated and motivated person grabs on to something from Loony Tunes.

He must have one hell of an ego as a LTC to demand the birth certificate of the President. He will stamp his little feet, jump up and down, then hold his breath until his face turns blue.