DOJ’s counsel has notified Ms. Martin’s counsel that Ms. Martin will be given the same right to attend court-martial proceedings at MCRD San Diego as any other member of the public.  Ms. Martin’s counsel have now withdrawn their motion for a preliminary injunction.  More details to follow.

8 Responses to “BREAKING NEWS: Government capitulates in Martin v. NCIS”

1. Anon says:

What? Rationality has set in? I suspect that someone from DoJ finally stepped in and said, “enuf!” This will be interesting to see how the rest plays out.

2. Phil Cave says:

So now the issue remains about access to the base in order to “investigate” on behalf of the defense?

3. Socrates says:

Good. No more stupid litigation. This also means, among other things, that all the ANONs attacking Ms. Martin (such as November 3, 2010 at 11:06 am) will have to find other people to browbeat and intimidate. Frank Marsh successfully unveiled their psychological weakness on his last post.

Socrates, I assume your are not really the “socrates”….he’s been dead for a while. That makes you an anon too.

Like I have always advocated here and the way I handled it, just shred her on cross.

Anon 745, these guys have a massive blind spot: they can’t see it when they throw stones in their own glass houses. Hypocracy and irony come to mind.

7. Socrates says:

I’m not blind (that’s Homer). Its true: a bit of hypocrisy here. But not much. I do not launch ad hominem attacks (if its even possible that one anon attacking another anon even qualifies as an “ad hominem” attack), but I do call-out others who do so. The points made against Ms. Martin were just mean-spirited.

little known fact, Socrates was actually a Kenyan citizen.

Check the birth certificate!