So you see I jumped ship in the Middle East and made my way to ‘dis prison in Quantico you know. They were makin me wear this like robe thing at night because, you know they thought I was gonna kill myself. And so after a few months what do you think they tell me. You’re getting a visit from the Chair of the Human Rights Cmte of the German Parliament, yeah the twelfth in line for Chancellor himself. The flowing robes, powdered wig . . . striking. And so after we been talking I say, “Hey, Helmut, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the prison gedunk, you know.” And he says, “Oh, uh, there won’t be any money but we will protest your confinement to the American President.”. So I got that goin’ for me, which is nice. Story here.

11 Responses to “German Parliament Cmte. Protests PFC Manning Confinement . . . So He’s Got That Going for Him”

1. Bill C says:

Well that should definitely lead to his immediate release.

2. W says:

I know it’s not right and really antiquated – but I still bristle at the hubris of the Germans pointing fingers at anyone about confinement conditions.

No Man,

I read that out loud using my best lazy eyed Bill Murray impression. Nice.

Have you heard about the 4 CID agents being probed by the FBI at Ft. Bragg?

“Four Army criminal investigation agents on Fort Bragg have been suspended pending the outcome of a criminal investigation by the FBI.

That was confirmed Thursday by Chris Grey, a spokesman for the Army Criminal Investigation Command.

The investigation was prompted by allegations that four CID investigators kidnapped a civilian, took him to a remote location on Fort Bragg and threatened to kill him, according to television news reports.

The civilian is alleged to have had a relationship with the wife of a CID agent, the reports said. Neither Grey nor FBI spokeswoman Amy Thoreson would confirm or deny those reports.

Grey said the four agents who were suspended worked in CID’s drug crime investigative unit. Once allegations were made, Grey said, the deputy commander of CID ordered an investigation.”

I have found that most of the DST guys are a bunch of cowboys….

k fisch

4. Cloudesley Shovell says:

Is he going to get total consciousness to go with the parliamentary protest?

5. Stewie says:

Only on his deathbed.

6. John Harwood says:

So is Helmut long off the tee?

7. Mike No Man Navarre says:

I would have answered all of the above questions in the post, but I couldn\’t find a German translation for Gunga galunga… gunga, gunga-galunga.

8. soonergrunt says:

I’m missing some mil-jus insider joke here.

SG,

These are all Caddyshack references from Bill Murray’s solliloquy about the Dalai Lama. Type “murray caddyshack dalai lama” into youtube and you will be in on the joke, as well.

ksf

10. soonergrunt says:

It’s been a long time since I’ve seen that movie. I’ll watch it tonight. I recognized the “I’ve got that going for me” part, but I was like “wow, these guys have watched that movie too many times. It must be some kind of joke or something.”

11. Mike No Man Navarre says:

SG–Next time, just for you, I\’ll just post \”German Parliament protests Manning confinement. Story here.\” :-)