AP (via WaPo) reports, here, that an Air Force Staff Sergeant “who [disobeyed orders] to report to duty [for a few days while stationed] in Germany . . . . earlier this month because he doubts President Barack Obama’s citizenship” was informed yesterday that he would be discharged within a week. Apparently his discharge was approved before he refused to report for duty. The article connects the discharge to various views SSgt Moran expressed about gays in the military, Muslims, POTUS, and “several other things [that] contributed to his discharge.” He was serving in Ramstein as an ophthalmology tech. Moran had prior service as a Marine from ’91 to ’95, but enlisted in the AF after Sep. 11th.

H/t DefenseNews EB

12 Responses to “Birther Air Force Sergeant Discharged”

1. soonergrunt says:

More on this:

Claimed on one of Glen Beck’s sites that he was AWOL and expecting to be arrested when in fact he was on approved terminal leave pending discharge:

He wrote in a letter posted Aug. 15 on The Post & Email website that he was a “high priority” for being discharged after meeting with mental-health evaluators.

Who could possibly have seen that twist coming?

2. Cheap Seats says:

Good riddance.

3. SueDB says:

He is a little late jumping on the Birfer Bus. The BirferBucks have been drying up since 27 April. (LFBC came out)…He just firebombed his employment opportunities. I have a feeling he is going to regret his actions…

4. soonergrunt says:

@SueDB,
    I don’t think so. I think he’ll blame it on the conspiracy. They all do. They never associate their own actions with their own downfalls.

5. Bill C says:

As I have said before, right wing nut jobs like this give right wing nut jobs like me a bad name. I mean, even if one bought into all this nonsense before, now that the LFBC has been released, what the heck is the issue? Yet I see Orly Taitz is going into Federal Court in Hawaii next week to compel production of some other documents.

6. soonergrunt says:

Orly Taitz–she’s like herpes or PTSD. Every so often she causes some pain and anguish when she pops up, which usually happens for reasons only tenuously connected to reality. There’s no cure, either. There’s just learning to live with it.

7. Joey says:

The birthers won’t give up until they “PROVE” that Obama is ineligible. There is nothing that he can do that will convince them otherwise–true believers.
    Today it was announced that Phoenix-area Sheriff Joe Arpaio has agreed to an Arizona Tea Party request that he investigate Obama’s birth certificate.

8. Bill C says:

SG: I am assuming this is all book knowledge on your part. :)

9. soonergrunt says:

@Bill C–one of those conditions is…

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas…except for Herpes.

11. Not me says:

Oh how I long for the green/red thumbs just for SG’s comment

12. Christopher Mathews says:

Don’t be dissin’ my town, stewie.

Las Vegas: Seven deadly sins, one convenient location!