From the Fayetteville Observer, here,

The Army is investigating Brig. Gen. Jeffrey A. Sinclair, who has been reassigned from Afghanistan back to Fort Bragg, officials said Friday.

Earlier this month, Sinclair was removed from his job as the 82nd Airborne Division’s deputy commanding general for support in Afghanistan. He had been deputy commander since July 2010.

“This is a criminal investigation,” said Ben Abel, a Fort Bragg spokesman.

Sinclair has returned to Fort Bragg for his assignment as special assistant to the commanding general of the 18th Airborne Corps and Fort Bragg, Abel said.

Here is the General’s bio on the 82nd Airborne webpage [with updated link that I printed before it was removed].  H/t to an alert CAAFlog reader.

2 Responses to “Army Confirms Criminal Investigation Involving an 82nd Airborne General”

  1. interested onlooker says:

    Page seems to have been pulled, but a cached copy can be found here.

  2. interested onlooker says:

    To clarify, the bio page went missing, not the Fayetteville Observer story…