We previously covered the administrative discharge board proceedings of Marine Sgt Gary Stein, who brought an unsuccessful action in the United States District Court for the Southern District of California in an attempt to prevent the Marine Corps from separating him with an OTH.

Now both parties have filed papers in federal district court indicating that “Plaintiff intends to file an amended Complaint to account for events that have occurred since the filing of Plaintiff’s original Complaint.”  The filing also indicates that “Plaintiff intends to file his amended Complaint, if possible, by June 30, 2012.”  The parties’ joint scheduling motion is here and the court’s order granting that motion is here.

And in the “truth-is-stranger-than-fiction” department, Stein’s lead counsel (and serial Birther lawyer) Gary Kreep is currently leading in the election results for a California state judge position.

10 Responses to “Stein case to resume”

1. Cloudesley Shovell says:

A judicial election between a guy named Kreep and a guy named Peed.  I’m not one to throw stones when it comes to silly names, but you can’t make this stuff up.  Further evidence that there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Sadly, Dentist/Lawyer Orly Taitz did not make it out of her primary to run for the Senate.

3. Bridget Wilson says:

Don’t start me. He is a better lawyer than Orly Taitz. As the only one here who has encountered Mr. Kreep, I will just add that I am saving my challenges for him should the end result be his election.

My cat is a better lawyer than Orly Taitz.

5. interested onlooker says:

It ought to come as no surprise that Orly is now convinced that the election process is even more corrupt than the legal system:

Announced results appear to be totally bogus. A day before the election I polled with 11% and Emken 9%. a day before the election i was 2% ahead of Emken. Next day the Sec of State announced that I had only 3.2% and Emken 12.5%, that she is 9.3% ahead of me. 11.5% error is impossible, when the margin of error was only 4.5%. It shows that the election was completely rigged with voting machines that can be programmed to show anything you want.

I have to say this is a major disappointment to those of us in California who were hoping that if she couldn’t run against DiFi (I bought an 8-lb jug of Orville’s finest popcorn at Costco recently to prepare!), that maybe she could add another role to her portfolio and teach statistical methods :-)

6. Soonergrunt says:

I suspect I might be a better lawyer than Orly Taitz.

Be careful SG, after I said my cat was better than Orly, I got ten emails from birthers asking if she would be willing to work on an appeal for them!

8. soonergrunt says:

Stewie–I’ll be happy to take their money from them and be just as effective as Orly Taitz, D.D.M. Esq. has been.  Although not being able to put the D.D.M. after my name, I might be missing something that they think is important.
    BTW–why do lawyers style themselves Esquire in legal documents?  Where does that come from?

9. soonergrunt says: