This week at CAAF: CAAF will hear the final oral argument of the term on Tuesday, June 11, 2013:
LRM v. Kastenberg, No. 13-5006/AF (CAAFlog case page)
I. Whether the CCA erred by holding that it lacked jurisdiction to hear A1C LRM’s petition for a writ.
II. Whether the military judge erred by denying A1C LRM the opportunity to be heard through counsel, thereby denying her due process under the Military Rules of Evidence, the Crime Victims’ Rights Act, and the United States Constitution.
III. Whether a writ should be issued.
• AFCAA opinion
• Blog post: AFCCA denies complaining witness’ petition
• Appellant’s (complaining witness) brief
• Appellee’s (military judge) brief
• Real Party in Interest’s (accused) brief
• Appellant’s reply brief
• Amicus brief of Air Force Appellate Government Division (Brief of the United States)
• Amicus brief of Army Appellate Defense Division
• Amicus brief of Navy-Marine Corps Appellate Defense Division
• Blog post: Argument preview
This week at the ACCA: The Army CCA’s website shows no scheduled oral arguments.
This week at the AFCCA: The Air Force CCA’s website shows no scheduled oral arguments.
This week at the CGCCA: The Coast Guard Trial Docket shows no pending cases at the Coast Guard CCA.
This week at the NMCCA: The Navy-Marine Corps CCA’s website shows no scheduled oral arguments.