We are dedicating the Top Ten list this year (and, possibly, in future years) to the passing of it’s creator Col (ret) Dwight H. Sullivan, USMC. In passing from the blogosphere to the bureaucrosphere he’s likely gotten an education on the subtleties of vetting his previously unvarnished opinions shared on these pages, so we dedicate this list to the memory of some of his greatest posts.

Like last year, we’d like to give our readers a chance to suggest their Top Ten . . . so that we can ignore your comments and come up with our own list.  Just kidding, of course.   Like prior years most of our readers’ suggestions will likely end up on our list.  Hopefully that won’t dampen the debate over our final list, as that discussion has yielded some priceless commentary in prior years (see e.g. here and here).  So start leaving your Top Ten suggestions in the comments now.

8 Responses to “The Colonel Dwight Sullivan Memorial Top Ten List”

1. Ama Goste says:

Darn it, No Man!  Your blog post title almost gave me a heart attack.  (Of course, being a ghost, I’m already dead.)  I was thinking “How sad; I saw Dwight on Monday, and he’s just started a new job.”

2. Mike "No Man" Navarre says:

Heh, heh. I got Zee as well.

3. phil cave says:

How about the The Sullivan list in honor of The Wierick

He’s not dead, he’s just pining for the Fjords.

5. Bridget Wilson says:

What Phil said.

6. NavyDC says:

Here are my top 10 (in no particular order):
    Presidential UCI (United States v. Fulton)
    Glenn Marine Defense cases (underreported here, methinks)
    Salyer Fiasco
    Weirick Litigation
    NDAA FY14 MilJust Changes, particularly WRT A32 changes and CAs
    Rise of Sex Assault Victim Advocates & U.S. v. Kastenberg
    USNA Sex Assault cases
    MAJ Hasan trial
    Cpl Manning Trial
    Article 10: Rises from the Dead

7. mlwilde says:

Ooo…no Kastenberg, NavyDC?  I’m mostly a spectator to these goings on at this point, but that one struck me as an important recognition of changes of the until-now miniscule role of the victim in the court-martial process.  I don’t know that we’ll see the wholesale move to a three party system that the Cassandras have bemoaned, but it does seem like an important change.
    I also have to say that the CAAF smackdowns of the AFCCA on excessive appellate time and Soybel should make the list.

8. mlwilde says:

Sorry, I’m an idiot.  Didn’t see Kastenberg in the middle.  Obviously I don’t practice appellate law.