[Update: this event has been postponed due to weather issues. We will update the post and provide a link to the new flyer when it is available] On January 28, 2016, from 6:00 to 8:00 pm, there will be a panel discussion of DoD’s proposed military justice legislation resulting, in part, from the work of the Military Justice Review Group (MJRG). The panel is co-sponsored by the American Bar Association’s Standing Committee on Armed Forces Law, in cooperation with the ABA’s Standing Committee on Law and National Security, and the Judge Advocates Association. See details here.
I have not heard any postponement due to weather. [Update: Well that’s not true now.]
Location: Founders Room, Offices of Dentons US LLP, 1900 K Street, Washington DC, 20006
Moderator: The Honorable James Baker, former Chief Judge, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- The Honorable Andrew Effron, former Director of the MJRG
- Col. William N. Pigott, Chair, DoD Joint Service Committee on Military Justice
- LtCol Julie Huygen, U.S. Air Force representative, Joint Service Committee on Military Justice
- COL Walt Hudson, U.S. Army representative, Joint Service Committee on Military Justice
- CAPT Warren A. Record, U.S. Navy representative, Joint Service Committee on Military Justice
There is no charge for this event, but the Committee asks that you please email Susan.Koz@americanbar.org to RSVP.