This week at SCOTUS: I’m not aware of any military justice developments at the Supreme Court, where I’m tracking five cases:
- Sterling v. United States, No. 16-814 (pend. results of conf. on Jun. 1) (CAAFlog case page) (SCOTUSblog page)
- Dalmazzi v. United States, No. 16-961 (pend. conf.) (CAAFlog case page)
- Cox, et al., v. United States, No. 16-1017 (pend. conf.) (Dalmazzi trailers)
- Ortiz v. United States, No. 16-1423 (pet. filed May 19; resp. due Jun. 29) (CAAFlog case page)
- Bartee v. United States, No. 16A1135 (ext. of time to file granted to Jul. 28) (CAAFlog case page)
This week at CAAF: CAAF has completed its oral argument calendar for the term. A detailed list of this term’s cases is available on our October 2016 Term Page.
This week at the ACCA: The Army CCA will hear oral argument in one case this week, on Monday, June 5, 2017:
United States v. Lazcano, No. 20150354
Issue: Whether appellant was denied his right to a fair and impartial panel in a sexual assault case where the panel president failed to disclose his recent allegation against a material defense witness regarding inappropriate conduct with a junior enlisted soldier.
This week at the AFCCA: The next scheduled oral argument at the Air Force CCA is on June 20, 2017.
This week at the CGCCA: I’m unable to access the Coast Guard CCA’s oral argument schedule.
This week at the NMCCA: The next scheduled oral argument at the Navy-Marine Corps CCA is on June 14, 2017.