This week at SCOTUS: I’m not aware of any military justice developments at the Supreme Court, where I’m tracking five cases:
- Dalmazzi v. United States, No. 16-961 (pend. conf.) (CAAFlog case page)
- Cox, et al., v. United States, No. 16-1017 (pend. conf.) (Dalmazzi trailers)
- Ortiz v. United States, No. 16-1423 (pet. filed May 19; resp. due Jun. 29) (CAAFlog case page)
- Bartee v. United States, No. 16A1135 (ext. of time to file granted to Jul. 28) (CAAFlog case page)
- Alexander v. United States, No. 16-9536 (pet. dktd Jun. 13; resp. due Jul. 13)
This week at CAAF: CAAF has completed its oral argument calendar for the term. A detailed list of this term’s cases is available on our October 2016 Term Page.
This week at the ACCA: The Army CCA will hear oral argument in one case this week, on Tuesday, June 27, 2017, at 2 p.m.:
United States v. Criswell, No. 20150530
I. Whether the military judge abused his discretion in admitting Specialist AM’s in-court identification of Specialist Criswell, which was tainted by an unnecessarily suggestive pretrial identification by law enforcement.
II. Whether the evidence is legally and factually insufficient to sustain Specialist Criswell’s convictions.
This week at the AFCCA: The Air Force CCA’s website shows no scheduled oral arguments.
This week at the CGCCA: I’m unable to access the Coast Guard CCA’s oral argument schedule.
This week at the NMCCA: The next scheduled oral argument at the Navy-Marine Corps CCA is on July 20, 2017.