This week at SCOTUS: The Government received an extension of time to file a response to the cert. petition in Alexander. Additionally, an extension of time to file a cert. petition in Tso v. United States was granted on Jul. 6. On May 17, 2017, CAAF summarily affirmed the NMCCA’s decision in Tso in light of McClour and Bartee.
I’m not aware of any other military justice developments at the Supreme Court, where I’m tracking six cases:
- Dalmazzi v. United States, No. 16-961 (pend. conf.) (CAAFlog case page)
- Cox, et al., v. United States, No. 16-1017 (pend. conf.) (Dalmazzi trailers)
- Ortiz v. United States, No. 16-1423 (pet. filed May 19; resp. due Jul. 31) (CAAFlog case page)
- Bartee v. United States, No. 16A1135 (ext. of time to file granted to Jul. 28) (CAAFlog case page)
- Alexander v. United States, No. 16-9536 (pet. dktd Jun. 13; resp. due Aug. 14)
- Tso v. United States, No. 17A40 (ext. of time to file granted to Sep. 29)
This week at CAAF: CAAF has completed its oral argument calendar for the term. A detailed list of this term’s cases is available on our October 2016 Term Page.
This week at the ACCA: The next scheduled oral argument at the Army CCA is on August 8, 2017.
This week at the AFCCA: The Air Force CCA’s website shows no scheduled oral arguments.
This week at the CGCCA: I’m still unable to access the Coast Guard CCA’s oral argument schedule.
This week at the NMCCA: The next scheduled oral argument at the Navy-Marine Corps CCA is on July 20, 2017.