This week at SCOTUS: I’m not aware of any military justice developments at the Supreme Court, where I’m tracking six cases:
- Dalmazzi v. United States, No. 16-961 (cert. granted Sep. 28) (CAAFlog case page) (SCOTUSblog case page)
- Alexander v. United States, No. 16-9536 (dist. for conf. on Oct. 13)
- Bartee v. United States, No. 17-175 (resp. requested, due Oct. 30)
- Abdirahman, et al. v. United States, No. 17-206 (dist. for conf. on Oct. 13)
- Tso v. United States, No. 17-479 (pet. filed Sep. 28; resp. due Nov. 1)
- Richards v. United States, No. 17A338 (ext. of time to file granted to Nov. 10)
This week at CAAF: The next scheduled oral argument at CAAF is on October 24, 2017.
This week at the ACCA: The Army CCA will hear oral argument in one case this week, on Tuesday, October 17, 2017, at 10 a.m.:
United States v. Bodoh, No. 20150218
I. WHETHER THE MILITARY JUDGE ABUSED HIS DISCRETION BY DENYING THE DEFENSE MOTION TO DISMISS FOR VIOLATION OF R.C.M. 707.
II. WHETHER THE MILITARY JUDGE ERRED BY INSTRUCTING THE PANEL THAT A NEGLIGENT MENS REA WAS SUFFICIENT TO MAKE APPELLANT’S OTHERWISE LAWFUL CONDUCT CRIMINAL.
This week at the AFCCA: The next scheduled oral argument at the Air Force CCA is on October 24, 2017. The argument will be heard at the Florida International University College of Law.
This week at the CGCCA: The Coast Guard CCA has a new website, but the link to its docket doesn’t work.
This week at the NMCCA: The next scheduled oral argument at the Navy-Marine Corps CCA is on October 31, 2017.