This week at SCOTUS: As noted here, the Solicitor General filed a reply brief in Briggs. In the companion case of Collins (& Daniels), Daniels requested an extension of time to respond to the Government’s cert. petition. I’m not aware of any other military justice developments at the Supreme Court, where I’m tracking six cases:
- United States v. Briggs, No. 19-108 (pet. filed Jul. 22; resp. filed Aug. 14; reply filed Aug. 28)
- United States v. Collins, No. 19-184 (pet. filed Aug. 9; resp. due Sep. 9)
- Richards v. Donovan, et al., No. 19-55 (pet. filed Jun. 8; resp. req. Aug. 14, due Sep. 13)
- Livingstone v. United States, No. 19-5256 (pro se pet. dkt. Jul. 19; resp. waived Jul. 31; pend. conf. on Oct 1)
- Camacho v. United States, No. 19-243 (pet. filed. Aug 21; resp. due Sep. 23)
- McDonald v. United States, No. 19A191 (ext. of time to file cert. pet. granted to Oct. 26)
This week at CAAF: CAAF completed its oral argument schedule for the current term. The first argument of the 2019 term is scheduled for October 16, 2019, at the J. Reuben Clark Law School, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah.
This week at the ACCA: The next scheduled oral argument at the Army CCA is on September 10, 2019. The argument will be held at the New Mexico Court of Appeals.
This week at the AFCCA: The next scheduled oral argument at the Air Force CCA is on September 30, 2019.
This week at the CGCCA: The Coast Guard CCA’s website shows no scheduled oral arguments.
This week at the NMCCA: The Navy-Marine Corps CCA’s website shows no scheduled oral arguments.