This week at SCOTUS: The cert. petitions in Briggs and Collins have been distributed for conference on Nov. 8. Additionally, the Solicitor General filed this reply brief in Collins. The Solicitor General also waived the right to respond to the cert. petition in Hutchins.
I’m not aware of any other military justice developments at the Supreme Court, where I’m tracking six cases:
- United States v. Briggs, No. 19-108 (pend. conf. on Nov. 8)
- United States v. Collins, No. 19-184 (pet. filed Aug. 9; resp. filed Sep. 9 & Oct. 9; pend. conf. on Nov. 8)
- Richards v. Donovan, et al., No. 19-55 (pet. filed Jun. 8; resp. req. Aug. 14, due Nov. 21)
- McDonald v. United States, No. 19A191 (ext. of time to file cert. pet. granted to Oct. 26)
- Hutchins v. United States, No. 19-489 (cert. pet. filed on Oct. 11; resp. due Nov. 14)
- Voorhees v. United States, No. 19A441 (ext. of time to file cert. pet. filed on Oct. 18)
This week at CAAF: The next scheduled oral arguments at CAAF are on November 5, 2019.
This week at the ACCA: The next scheduled oral argument at the Army CCA is on November 21, 2019.
This week at the AFCCA: The Air Force CCA will hear oral argument in United States v. Da Silva, No. 39599, on Wednesday, October 30, 2019, at 10 a.m. No additional information is available on the CCA’s website.
This week at the CGCCA: The Coast Guard CCA’s website shows no scheduled oral arguments.
This week at the NMCCA: The next scheduled oral argument at the Navy-Marine Corps CCA is on November 20, 2019.