Significant military justice event this week: CAAF’s 2020 Continuing Legal Education and Training Program is this week, on
Tuesday and Wednesday and Thursday, March 11-12, at the American University Washington College of Law. The registration form is available here and the schedule of events is available here.
This week at SCOTUS: The petitioner in Voorhees filed this reply to the Solicitor General’s opposition to the cert. petition. I’m not aware of any other military justice developments at the Supreme Court, where I’m tracking five cases:
- United States v. Briggs, No. 19-108 (consolidated) (cert granted on Nov. 15; oral arg. on Mar. 23)
- Richards v. Donovan, et al., No. 19-55 (pet. filed Jun. 8; resp. req. Aug. 14, due. Mar. 23)
- McDonald v. United States, No. 19-557 (pet filed Oct. 28; resp. req., filed Feb. 21)
- Voorhees v. United States, No. 19-795 (pet. filed. Dec. 20; resp. filed Feb. 20)
- Kelly v. United States, No. 19-1011 (pet. filed Feb. 12; resp. waived Feb. 20; pend. conf. on Mar. 20)
This week at CAAF: The next scheduled oral arguments at CAAF are on March 16, 2020
This week at the ACCA: The next scheduled oral argument at the Army CCA is on May 1, 2020.
This week at the AFCCA: The next scheduled oral argument at the Air Force CCA is on April 24, 2020.
This week at the CGCCA: The Coast Guard CCA’s website shows no scheduled oral arguments.
This week at the NMCCA: The next scheduled oral argument at the Navy-Marine Corps CCA is on March 25, 2020.